Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blessed

Have been thinking about how blessed I am.....

I met and married a wonderful man that lets me be myself
.....and he still loves me......

I am a Mom
...I have two wonderful boys that have turned in to men I am proud of...

I have two children that love someone
......and they love them back.....

I was gifted with 3 more when I married
..(hate the words 'Step-Mother')..
....and I am just as proud of them as if they were my own.....

I am a Mother-in-Law to wonderful young women
....and hope they think of me as their friend....
(I never want to be one of "those" type of MILs)

I have grandchildren
....some born from family genes....
....some gifts that came with my husband....
....each one has a special place in my heart....

I am a Great-GramMa......
...of two beautiful little girls...
(and not many can say that at 57)

I have friends
... I can pour my heart out to...
...with joy or sadness...
...and know they will always be there to listen...

I may think I have health issues
...but manage to get up and see the sun shinning every morning........

I may think I have money issues
....but manage to have what is needed...

I know that there are and will be ups and downs in my life..
...that feelings will be hurt..
...that arguments will happen.....
that it will seem there are more bumps on my life's road than I can handle...
....but someday I will look back at them and smile
 knowing I made it through each one......

I have decisions that need to be made each and every day...
...and I hope that I think of my many blessings before I decide what road I will takw with them......

As for today while the sun is shining and birds are singing outside my window?

I will be happy to sit
and
Count my Blessings




1 comment:

Vicki Designs (Schnorkiemom) said...

Lovely, Alice. Thanks for reminding us to count our blessings and to be thankful. I am thankful for you my friend, my sister.