Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring is in the Air........

Well it must be......because there were two men in my backyard just working away like it was......


This is the section that I do MY cooking out of doors ........"no men allowed!!"......I love to smoke and love the charcoal......so this is my grill and that would make it my area.............anyway...........we have been needing to replace the woodend retaining walls since we moved in.......last year we pulled them out and Jeffery and Angela poured cobblestones for me.........

.......now to replace the wall..........


......they did do a good job of stacking.......now for mixing the cement and pouring.......that is for another day...........everything went fine .....well......except for the few minutes Jeffery put Richard in "time out"...


but he doesn't look like that was worrying him too much...
Remember the tulips Jesse and Journi sent me for Valentines??



..... they don't realize they are CUT and that means basically they are dead........so........why are they growing taller every day????.......I even cut them off twice.....1 inch each time!! I just don't understand.......but here they are from the beginning......
Day 1......just barely showing above the leaves.....


Day 3.....you can see the blooms now......and they are just even with the globe on the Knitting Granny......and this was after I had cut an inch off and replaced water........


Day 5......above the dome.......

Day 6.... see they have grown!!!.......

They are still going strong today......one whole week!!!.......and I will be replacing the water and cutting another inch off tonight (that is 3 inches cut to date).......will take a picture and see what happens tomorrow........
Now the roses that my Wonderful Hubby gave me are about ready to leave the building...
....but sure were nice to have around......

2 comments:

Enid said...

I am intrigue what the next step will be! The flowers are just amazing!

Unknown said...

Thanks Enid....I need to go take todays picture....