Sunday, May 18, 2008

I really have been knitting.....

I have been knitting on quick knits for family.


I knit this version of the Pidge.....I used Lion Brand Jiffy in the Rose Paint color...worked this up with size 13 needles thinking it would be just a tad softer with such a thick fabric stitch pattern.....I followed the pattern found here....
http://knitting101.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-so-called-pidge.html

Really like the way it worked up and plan on making a cap to go with it.....the color was chosen because my DIL will be riding on this soon.........and it needed to match........ ... in the winter a regular scarf would just get in the way. Not sure if she has a name yet.......I call her "Piglett".......soon she will be riding with the "Hoggs"....

This scarf was gifted yarn from a LSSK gal pal......it is a Filatura Di Crosa yarn of mohair....I only had one skein so just did the Mistake Rib until I ran out......with all those little loops though I had to keep count of the 11 stitches on each row ....

Not sure if it is going to live with me or visit 'the basket' until someone in the family finds it and loves it enough to take home....used the size 13 needles again and it really worked up soft.


Can't seem to get back in the hang of working on the shawl that should have been a Christmas present for the DIL in AZ.....but with rumor of them coming for a visit next month.......well.....I will find a way ......

No comments: